A 10 week course which explores, how we are all impacted by ‘differences’. This is a rare opportunity to engage in some challenging, sensitive and controversial topics within a safe and supportive environment.
• Exploring cultural assumptions and prejudices
• Marriage/partnerships from various perspectives
• Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
• Working with refugees and asylum seekers
• Gender and Sexuality
• Diversity within Islam
• Mental health in the context of cultural difference
Each evening will consist of a theoretical seminar, an opportunity to practice your listening skills and a process group to explore the above issues.
WHO THE COURSE IS FOR:
Counsellors/psychotherapists, social workers, mental health professionals, individuals from statutory and non-statutory services, individuals from the third sector, teachers, medical professionals, those working in the care industry, and anyone interested in the above topics.
THE COURSE WILL OFFER YOU:
• The opportunity for personal development and increasing self-awareness in the context of cultural difference.
• The ability to respond more sensitively to a diverse client base by learning key listening and counselling skills within a Humanistic therapeutic framework.
• A development of multi-cultural competences which will help you to accommodate diversity in the working and personal environment
This is a 10 week course that will run on a Wednesday evening:
6.00pm – 9.00pm, from 19th April – 21st June 2017.
Two Taster Sessions 5th and 12th April
Currently the course fees are £295 per person; a £50 deposit is required to secure your place.
Your acceptance of a place is subject to your suitability.
There will be two places available for students/trainees at £225 on a first come first serve basis.
Ounkar Kaur MSc, Dip. Counselling, MBACP (Accred). UKRCP Reg. Ind Practitioner is currently a consultant with FORWARD, which is committed to gender equality and safeguarding the rights of African girls and women. She worked for The Refugees and Asylum Seekers Counselling Service with Womankind (Bristol). She has a private practice in Bristol and is an accredited Race Equality Trainer.
Please contact: email@example.com
Mobile: 07480 943378.